McMullan Associates was founded in 1980 and provides market analysis, consulting and appraisal services across multiple property types: agricultural, commercial/retail, industrial, investment, Treaty Land, recreational and residential properties. Clients use our services for a wide range of purposes including financing, purchase and sale, bankruptcy, expropriation, relocation, assessment, insurance and litigation.
Although based in Manitoba, McMullan Associates has provided appraisals across multiple provinces and has extensive experience in valuation of northern Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario properties, in particular for First Nations and governmental agencies.
We have appeared before the Queen’s Bench of Manitoba, the Federal Court, the Land Value Appraisal Commission, the Board of Revision and Municipal Board as expert witnesses.
Working with McMullan Associates and on behalf of other companies our consultants have:
- Secured rights-of-way for Electrical 230 and 500 Kv Transmission Lines on farms, rural and city residences, and northern Manitoba sites. This involved Appraisal of fair market value and negotiation directly with property owners.
- Developed Policy and Guidelines on Compensation/Conservation Easement Agreements for Ducks Unlimited Canada. We also provided the related training.
- Assisted as subject matter experts in the development of Manitoba Legislation for the benefit of both landlords and tenants of life lease complexes.
- Served on several City of Winnipeg Advisory Groups Group established to improve the assessment process including:
- City of Winnipeg General Assessment Advisory Committee;
City of Winnipeg General Residential Assessment Advisory Committee; and
Commercial Assessment Advisory Committee.
- Worked with band councils at Split Lake, Nelson House, Cross Lake, Norway House, South Indian Lake and other northern locations in dealings with Manitoba Hydro and with the Government of Canada.
- Authored a 2013 report commissioned by the Land Value Appraisal Commission (Manitoba) outlining the impact of the presence of hydroelectric transmission lines on agricultural property values.
- Served under appointment to the Appraisal Review Panel of the Environment Canada/Canadian Wildlife Service Ecological Gifts Program (EGP) 2000-2003.
- Served under appointment to the Public Works and Government Services Payments-in-Lieu of Taxes Advisory Panel from 2008 to present.
- Served under appointment by the Minister of Natural Resources Canada to the Pipeline Arbitration Committee to resolve compensation disputes from 2012 to present.